Saturday, March 13, 2010
Awaken The Dreamers
Finally went to HMV! Got this album. Read online that it that band is really good, since i couldn't find anything else i wanted, thought might as well check this band out. I don't regret it one bit. I think i've found a new favourite band :D Actually buying an album that you like gives you a really good feeling. I don't think i'd feel half as good if i had downloaded this album.
There's something about bands that write about social commentary and politics, even stuff like nihilism that i really like. No heroics, no escapism, no sappy love songs or angst-ridden stuff. People tell me metal lyrics have no meaning. I really think it's quite the opposite. Maybe i'm wrong, but the stuff i hear on mtv is disgusting. Now those songs have no meaning. Like "Somebody call 911, shawty fire burning on the dance floor"? "If you've got the boom boom pow, shake that booty right now"? People listen to that, then tell me my music is meaningless. Is that the kind of stuff people listen to these days? Am i just a really weird guy that's out of place, or is everyone losing their minds?
I really do think metal lyrics are alot more meaningful than alot of the stuff that's popular now. If people actually bothered to look into it, instead of dismissing the genre as "meaningless, mindless noise made by indecent, talentless people". These bands don't write make believe love fantasies, crushes and lust songs, or catchy party songs. No sex, no angst, no high school drama. These people actually write about real stuff that's happening.
I once showed a bit of one songs lyrics to a friend. The response i got, "I bet they don't even know what they're writing." Oh come on. Do people really think that way? Are metalheads some kind of sub humans in the eyes of the world?
But why am i even writing stuff here like that? I'll probably get laughed at, or maybe no one even cares. I'm just a crazy fanboy defending my music. Yeah probably. By the way people see it, i'm a satanist.
Go ahead. I'm just a 16 year old kid that finds fault with everything in the world. No really, i think i am.
"This is my indictment of your beliefs"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment