One of my current favourite songs, it's a ballad of sorts.
"While firmly rooted in Scandinavian death metal, Opeth has consistently incorporated influence by progressive music, folk, blues rock and jazz into their usually-lengthy compositions. Many compositions include acoustic guitar interludes and strong dynamic shifts, as well as both growling and clean vocals."
"Opeth's distinct sound mixes heavy metal with acoustic passages, while also incorporating elements of progressive metal and progressive rock. In his review of Blackwater Park, Allmusic's Eduardo Rivadavia wrote, "Tracks start and finish in seemingly arbitrary fashion, usually traversing ample musical terrain, including acoustic guitar and solo piano passages, ambient soundscapes, stoner rock grooves, and Eastern-tinged melodies—any of which are subject to savage punctuations of death metal fury at any given moment." "
It's pretty amazing. Opeth has always been one of my favourite bands, for their musical versatility and just pure talent. I love how they can sometimes seamlessly blend acoustic stuff and progressive death metal into the same song. Who said progressive death metal bands and acoustic guitars/piano doesn't go together? I love the acoustic stuff they do, how it creates such an eerie atmosphere sometimes. Lately it's getting me more into acoustic. If I could only learn the kind of chords they use.
Death metal/Progressive rock/Acoustic/Jazz/Whatever eerie sounding stuff ftw.
(Not to mention their heavy stuff KICKS ASS)
Full history ct on monday. BRING IT. (not)
I remember, once upon a time, i carried a burden inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment