I have a rock.
A rock, somehow suspended from the ceiling by two strips of rubber.It's hanging in there just fine. Tension's a little high though.
Let's say i cut one of the strips, leaving the remaining strip to bear the entire weight of the rock. It's not a little rock, but it's still hanging in there.
Or the poor string could snap, and the rock falls. It's a big rock. It leaves a dent on the once spotless parquet flooring.
I can't tell if a single rubber strip can support my rock. Calculations and estimations could never be trusted; I'm not well versed in physics, at least not in the physics of this sort. Not everything has to conform to a set of laws and formulae.
Time to test and see for myself. One's eyes does not make (many) mistakes.
And i'll find out just how strong rubber is.
I don't need to know more about my rock. Heavy is heavy; that is all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment